It's crunch time, procrastinators—April 15, the deadline for finishing those pesky income tax returns, is upon us! Doesn't that make you hungry? (What? I'm a food blogger. Everything makes me hungry.)
Here are foods that seem fitting, or at least fun, to eat on Tax Day:
1. Silver Dollar Pancakes. I loved these as a kid. Yeah, they're just a miniature version of regular old pancakes, but they taste better somehow. And Serious Eats says it has the recipe for the best silver dollar pancakes ever, adapted from Marion Cunningham. Don't forget the real maple syrup!
2. Bite Back at the IRS chocolate bars. I'm not sure why anyone would actually order these, but they're funny.
3. Ha'Penny Snacks. A friend of mine loves these simple, bite-sized treats made with butter, cheese, flour and onion soup mix—basically, a coin-shaped cheese straw.
4. Date crunch...get it?
6. Or, if you're still stewing over how much you paid, perhaps you'd prefer one of these "poor man's" recipes?
7. At least you can still afford this million dollar salad...well, unless someone starts raisin taxes.