The Last Word
A quick questionnaire with Daniel Alarcón
1. My greatest professional influence is Ryszard Kapuscinski.
2. My fondest memory is private.
3. The last book I read was Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov.
4. If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be Jorge Luis Borges.
5. Three things I can't live without are … not things, people.
6. The most pressing issue facing the world is the looming environmental catastrophe and the wars that will be fought as a result.
7. The most important lesson I ever learned was to believe in the necessity of art.
8. My advice for those just starting out in this profession is to read everything.
9. My motto is from a César Vallejo poem that my father had framed above his desk: “Hay, hermanos, muchísimo que hacer.”