The Last Word
A quick questionnaire with Nico Muhly
1. Three words someone else would use to describe me are “Let’s get dumplings."
2. My greatest professional influence is Benjamin Britten, who did everything and did it well.
3. My fondest memory is hearing The Firebird on the lawn at Tanglewood with my friends, throwing dried corn during key moments.
4. The last book I read was The Yiddish Policeman’s <place style="font-style: italic;" w:st="on"></place> Union, by Michael Chabon.
5. If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be King James II.
6. Three things I can't live without are good mechanical pencils, a hardy satchel and lip balm.
7. The most pressing issue facing the world is willful ignorance.
8. The most important lesson I ever learned was how to mince garlic.
9. My advice for those just starting out in this profession is write as much as possible and make sure to be friends with a whole lot of non-musicians.
10. My motto is: “There is so much now.”