1. Three words someone else would use to describe me are creative, adventurous and spontaneous.
2. My greatest professional influence is my former PhD advisor, Mark Harrison at UCLA's department of earth and space sciences.
3. My fondest memory is working on middle school science projects with my father.
4. The last book I read was Persuasion by Jane Austen.
5. If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be Condoleezza Rice or Benjamin Franklin.
6. Three things I can't live without are family, traveling and shopping.
7. The most pressing issue facing the world is terrorism.
8. The most important lesson I ever learned was to persist—to keep trying when I don’t succeed at first.
9. My advice for those just starting out in this profession is to enjoy the profession, work hard, listen to others and network.
10. My motto is: “I think I can.”