1. Three words someone else would use to describe me are short, loud, and Unlikely to respond to this questionnaire.
2. My greatest professional influence is Eddie Holmes: an inspiring scientist, as well as a good friend and mentor.
3. My fondest memory is I have many happy memories; it is too difficult to choose just one.
4. The last book I read was The Book of Dave by Will Self.
5. If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be Gordon Ramsey, and I’d let him choose the meal.
6. Three things I can't live without are water, oxygen and salt (potassium is pretty key too).
7. The most pressing issue facing the world is disentangling religion, ignorance and bigotry.
8. The most important lesson I ever learned was to thoroughly mix the solution after adding the taq.
9. My advice for those just starting out in this profession is choose carefully what you take on, and learn how to say “no."