As you're probably aware, Father's Day is this Sunday in the United States. Wondering what you can cook up to make the day special? Here are a few fun ideas:
1. A truly tasteful tie. People blog about the strangest things. A few months ago, I came across someone who just likes
2. Mower dessert? Torture Dad sweetly by reminding him of his household chores. Or give him these lawnmower cupcakes along with a coupon promising to take those chores off his hands for a while.
3. Thank him for raising such a brat. Then make up for it by grilling him some of Bobby Flay's beer-braised brats.
4. Think he's full of beans? I don't know about your father, but mine drinks more coffee than Juan Valdez himself, so I often give him a bag or two of good beans. (And since he's a bit of a nerd, one year I gave him this T-shirt depicting a caffeine molecule.) I bet he'd also love a coffee cake made with these recipes from Joy the Baker and The Pioneer Woman, both of which involve actual coffee.
5. Hop on Pop. If your dad, like mine, is a punster, he'll appreciate being served any of the following on Father's Day: Popovers, poptarts, popcorn, popsicles, soda pop...am I missing any others?