Join us for America's Annual Celebration of Boundless Curiosity
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Museum Day brings together museums, zoos and cultural centers from all 50 states to offer free admission to all Museum Day ticket holders. Museum Day represents a national commitment to access, equality and inclusion.
Museum Day goes beyond getting visitors through museum doors — it acts as a springboard to empower and help advance the hopes and ambitions of the public, particularly school-aged children and those in underrepresented communities.
This year, Museum Day signifies a return to arts and culture. After spending the past year indoors, it's time to get out and Experience America — the theme of this year's event.
Museum Programming Ideas:
- Host an exhibition with a focus on local arts and culture
- Screen a film in which aspects of American culture such as travel / environment / education / social justice play a key role
- Host a crafts booth that allows guests to create a piece using local materials
- Create a scavenger hunt of pieces in your collection that help visitors Experience America
- Host a nature or historical walk among your organization's grounds