Star Trek Phaser Remote Replica
Sometimes after a long week filled with landing parties and surprise Klingons, you just want to prop your boots up and watch a little mindless television. Or maybe you're ready to catch the weekly adventures of those wacky kids onboard the U.S.S. Enterprise. What sort of mischief will Captain Kirk get into this week? Aim that phaser at the TV and.... pew pew pew!
This ST:TOS Phaser Remote lets you harmlessly blast your home entertainment system into submission. Recreated from 3D laser scans of the last known screen-used hero prop, it looks good, but it's also a fully-functioning programmable infrared remote control. And when we say "phaser" we aren't getting away with just giving you the Phaser I. Nope. It does include the Phaser I which functions as a standalone gesture-based universal remote control but also slots into its Phaser II pistol-grip base, which provides additional controls. You can store up to 36 programmable gestures: plenty to control all of your Earth-based entertainment equipment. The combined unit (Type I and Type II together) features a wide range of settings and beam strengths, including different Phaser firing sounds (including Phaser Overload sequence) and authentic Starship Enterprise sounds.
Just be sure you're not wearing a red shirt while aiming this at your TV set. We're pretty sure that voids the warranty.
- Fully-functioning programmable infrared remote control (that looks just like a phaser)
- Officially-licensed Star Trek: The Original Series merchandise
- Compatibility: Virtually all home entertainment systems
- Recreated from 3D laser scans of the last known screen-used hero prop
- Detachable Phaser I and pistol grip with securing bolt
- Gesture-based remote uses IR to control entertainment systems (but not RF systems like PS4 or Xbox)
- Removable Phaser I works as a standalone gesture-based universal remote control
- Personal lock code lets you keep the pew pew all to yourself
- Guided setup teaches you how to use the phaser with spoken prompts
- Store up to 36 programmable gestures over 3 memory banks
- Multicolored flashing emitter for pew pew visuals
- Ten position dial selects range of different Phaser firing sounds (including Phaser Overload sequence) (Plus silent mode for stealthy control)
- Tactile force-feedback vibration motor lets you feel the power of the phaser
- Comes with metal display stand with hidden magnet
- Materials: High-quality nickel and brass-plated die-cast metal parts, lacquer coated
- Batteries: Built-in lithium polymer battery (recharges using included USB cable)
- Includes specially-designed, protective transit case, with hidden-magnet, die-cast metal display stand, USB charging cable, special-issue Enterprise screwdriver with blade cover and debossed text, and illustrated poster manual
- Dimensions: Assembled phaser measures 8.2" x 6" x 1.4", protective case measures 12.6" x 7.4" x 2.4"
The Smithsonian Institution has entered affiliate agreements with the companies listed in our holiday shop, and earns a fee for every purchase made from following any link from these gift guide pages and making a purchase on the affiliate site. This fee helps fund Smithsonian’s activities.
All products on the Smithsonian.com Store are sold through affiliates. All returns, defects, or inquiries about products should be directed to the affiliate. The Smithsonian is not responsible for and has no control over affiliate transactions. Please note that these vendors operate independently of the Smithsonian and may have their own privacy policies. When you visit their websites, you leave our Website and no longer will be subject to our privacy and security policies. The Smithsonian is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of other sites, and such links are not intended to be an endorsement of those sites or their content.
More from Gadgets