13th Annual Smithsonian.com Photo Contest
Originally built in 1858, the year before Oregon became a state, as a flouring mill. It has survived by adapting to changes in consumerism. Converted from flour mill to producing livestock feed then to producing power with water turbines. Now owner by Oregon Parks open to the public. The turbines are still run with water power from the mill pond.
© anne marcom.
All rights reserved.
||Sept. 30, 2015, 5:24 p.m.
OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.