Yuma Quartermaster Depot State Historic Park
201 N. 4th Ave., Yuma, AZ 85364 - United States
Located along the Colorado River, the Yuma Depot served as a historic Army supply depot that operated during Arizona's Indian Wars period from 1865-1883. After abandonment by the military, the Bureau of Reclamation moved on site and began buildings Yuma's first large-scale, government-sponsored irrigation project.
Museum displays cover both the Army and Bureau of Reclamation occupation periods on the park grounds. Topics covered include steamboat travel on the river; supplying the forts of Arizona during the Indian Wars; the early irrigation history of Yuma; and the past, present, and future of the Colorado River.
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.