Tucumcari Historical Museum (Tucumcari Historical Research Institute)

416 South Adams Street, Tucumcari , NM 88401 - United States

575-461-4201

Website

Facebook

The Central school building was built between 1901 and 1902 which was funded by Chicago
Rock Island and Pacific Railroad for their employees children. The Central School opened in
1903.

1935 - Tucumcari District U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers
1936-1937 - Tucumcari Hospital
1942 - Glider School for the pilots of WW II (Normandy) One Year
1965 - School Closes
1969 - Tucumcari Historical Research Institute Opens

Exhibits

Cowboy

Military

Wagons

F100 Fighter Jet

Southern Pacific Caboose

Fire House with the Original 1926 Fire Engine

Location

Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.