St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum
81 Lighthouse Ave, Saint Augustine, FL 32080 - United States
Breathtaking views. Incredible history. A must-see attraction! Climb 219 steps to the top of the historic lighthouse to see amazing views of St. Augustine. A navigation tool and landmark since 1874, the Museum offers Nation’s Oldest Port Demos that are included with the cost of admission. Interactive exhibits include history of the lighthouse keepers, artifacts from shipwrecks, a conservation lab with working archaeologists, heritage boat building, and WWII US Coast Guard coastal lookout building. A View from the Top video (for those won't don't climb the Lighthouse) is available in the Maritime Education Center. For little ones: A shipyard playground and hands-on activities throughout the exhibits and grounds. Don’t forget to shop in the museum store for unique lighthouse and maritime gifts.
- 1874 Lighthouse Tower (Self-Guided Tour of the St. Augustine Lighthouse)
- Wrecked! The Story of a Revolutionary War Shipwreck
- At Home with the Harns
- Legends of the Light
- Nation's Oldest Port demos
- Northeast Florida Shrimping: Foundation of a Global Enterprise
- Maritime Hammock Nature Trails
- Maritime Education Center with exhibits and hands-on children's activities
- Conservation Lab and PGA Viewing Window
- US Coast Guard Barracks from WWII
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.