Museum of Arts and Sciences
352 S. Nova Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32114 - United States
Smithsonian Affiliate Museum
Museum Day Hours of Operation: 10:00 am ‐ 5:00 pm
The Museum of Arts & Sciences is the primary art, science and history museum in Central Florida. The area's largest museum, located on a 90-acre Florida nature preserve, the facility hosts over 30,000 objects including the Dow Gallery of American Art, one of the finest collections of American art in the Southeast, the Schulte Gallery of Chinese Art, the Bouchelle Collection and the Gallery of Decorative Arts.
- Klancke Environmental Education Complex
- The Root Family Museum with popular Americana including vintage automobiles, a railroad exhibit including two train cars, and the largest collection of Coca-Cola® memorabilia in Florida
- The Charles and Linda Williams Children's Museum
- Helene B. Roberson Visible Storage Building
- Chinese art collection
- New state-of-the-art planetarium presenting daily star shows
- Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Art featuring the most extensive collection of Florida art anywhere in the world
- The Museum's new West Wing, that recently opened in October 2015, is home to exhibits such as the Cuban Foundation Museum, African artifacts and Florida's Prehistoric Giant Ground Sloth skeleton.
This venue will accept your Museum Day Live! ticket on the screen of your smartphone and in person.
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.