Flight Path Museum & Learning Center at LAX
6661 W. Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90045 - United States
The Flight Path Museum and Learning Center at Los Angeles International Airport is among the fine aviation and aerospace museums in Southern California. It is the only aviation museum and research center situated at a major airport and the only facility with a primary emphasis on preserving the heritage of Southern California aviation and aerospace and encouraging youth through education and scholarships to consider pursuing careers in these industries.
The newly re-curated museum features a gallery of exhibits and displays that showcases the glamour, adventure, and excitement of aviation and aerospace. It’s a place to experience the magic of the Golden Age of Aviation as visitors watch the modern jet age take flight at the second busiest airport in the U.S. No other museum has such a perspective on contemporary aircraft and aviation. Following strict Covid-19 protocols, Flight Path has initiated a one-way flow and increased sanitization for maximum guest and staff safety.
The museum offers visitors a fun, flexible and exciting experience:
• One of the largest collections of airline inflight uniforms and accessories
• Countless aircraft models, posters, and memorabilia
• Runway views with live air traffic control audio
• Up close look at a real DC-3 aircraft
• Explore the space gallery that features Apollo at 50 and space history
• Visit the nearby Walk of Fame honoring aviation and aerospace pioneers
• Self guided tours will enable you to discover little known facts and insights
• For students interested in aviation careers, there are annual scholarships
Located in the LAX Imperial Terminal at 6661 W. Imperial Hwy., Los Angeles, CA, Flight Path Museum plans to re-open at the end of July 2021 with a limited schedule to start. Admission and parking are free for museum members. Non-member donations are $5 per person. For information call (424) 646-7284 or visit www.flightpathlax.com
The museum is operated by nonprofit Flight Path in cooperation with Los Angeles World Airports, the agency which operates Los Angeles International Airport. Flight Path Museum's mission includes the preservation of Southern California’s aviation and aerospace history and educational programs to encourage youth to pursue careers in these industries.
Vintage uniform displays
VIP tours (by reservation)
Selection of refreshments and gift items for purchase.
Please keep in mind:
· Proof of vaccination required for those 12 and over ( and or proof of a valid medical or religious exemption )
· Temperatures will be taken upon entry. If anyone in the party fails the check, no one in the party may enter the museum (but all will have the opportunity to return to museum free of charge at a later date)
· Masks required for ages 2 and over
· Social distancing and maximum capacities may results in wait times
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.