Join us for America's Annual Celebration of Boundless Curiosity
Saturday, September 17, 2022
Museum Day brings together museums, zoos and cultural centers from all 50 states to offer free admission to all Museum Day ticket holders. Museum Day represents a national commitment to access, equality and inclusion.
Museum Day goes beyond getting visitors through museum doors — it acts as a springboard to empower and help advance the hopes and ambitions of the public, particularly school-aged children and those in underrepresented communities.
Museum Day shines a spotlight on incredible arts, culture, sciences, innovation and history exhibits across the country. Join us as we celebrate the American Experience - the theme of this year's event.
Museum Programming Ideas:
- Host an exhibition with a focus on local arts and culture
- Screen a film in which aspects of American culture such as travel / environment / education / social justice play a key role
- Host a crafts booth that allows guests to create a piece using local materials
- Create a scavenger hunt of pieces in your collection that showcases the American Experience
- Host a nature or historical walk among your organization's grounds