Museum Day Terms and Conditions
- There is no charge for a museum or cultural organization to participate in Museum Day. In order to participate, an organization must be a museum or cultural institution that is either tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and/or that is a government-operated organization. Smithsonian magazine will make all eligibility determinations in its sole discretion.
- When presented with a Museum Day ticket (“Admission Card”), all participating museums and cultural institutions (“Venues”) will extend free general admission to the Admission Card holder plus one guest on Museum Day, September 22, 2018. Admission Card holders are permitted to download one Admission Card per email address. The free Admission Card will be available for download on the Museum Day website beginning August 15, 2018.
- The Admission Card is valid only for free general admission. It does not include entry to special exhibits, IMAX screenings, or parking. However, venues may elect to waive additional entry fees on Museum Day. If the Admission Card will provide admission beyond general admission to your venue, please indicate this in the "Exhibit Description" section of the registration page above.
- Venues that otherwise offer free admission year-round are welcome to participate in the “spirit” of Museum Day. Those venues may register and be listed among the Museum Day venues.
Please use the following guidelines when promoting your museum in connection with Museum Day:
- Include the full title of Smithsonian magazine’s Museum Day
- Don’t forget to follow us @museumday on Twitter and Facebook
- Include #MuseumDay
- We encourage all participants to do their own promotional efforts along with the use of our customizable press release
- Make sure to have your Museum Day counter card on display in your museum leading up to the event (you will receive mid-September)
- Check the Materials tab for official promo materials. We will continue to update this tab as the event approaches.
Thank you for joining Smithsonian magazine and museums across the country to celebrate the arts and sciences and promote equal access to education for all citizens.