All in all, I would say that the biggest highlight was the many friends we made along the way. We met people from all different walks of life under many different circumstances. This is something that social media is great for. Just 10 years ago it would have been far more difficult to keep in touch with these new friends. One thing I knew after this trip was that no matter how the video turned out, there were no regrets and this was an incredibly educating and unique experience that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
If someone went on an architectural tour of Europe, what sites can’t they miss?
Places like Paris, London, Prague, Rome, Vienna and Budapest are certainly worth visiting. These were the locations where it was difficult to decide what to shoot. One just needs to walk in any direction and they are bound to discover architectural beauty. Two of my favorite buildings in Europe are the Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Instanbul and the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. I feel it is impossible to properly depict their excellence in a video. Lastly, the Grand Place in Brussels is surrounded by amazing buildings and has to be one of the most beautiful squares in the world.
What’s next for you?
I recently graduated from The American University of Paris with a degree in film. I have a few projects I am considering but nothing definitive in place.
List of the sites in the order in which they appear:
- Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany
- Arc de Triomphe, Paris, France
- Philharmonie Luxembourg, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Atomium, Brussels, Belgium
- Palace of Westminster, London, England
- Copenhagen Opera House, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy
- Belém Tower, Lisbon, Portugal
- L’Hemisferic, Valencia, Spain
- Berliner Dom, Berlin, Germany
- Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Bilbao, Spain
- Cologne Cathedral, Cologne, Germany
- Hungarian Parliament Building, Budapest, Hungary
- Oslo Opera House, Oslo, Norway
- The Shard, London, England
- Fernsehturm Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- Bode-Museum, Berlin, Germany
- Sultan Ahmed Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Tower Bridge, London, England
- Prague Astronomical Clock, Prague, Czech Republic
- Fraumünster, Zurich, Switzerland
- Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia, Valencia, Spain
- Rathaus Vienna, Vienna, Austria
- National Theatre, Budapest, Hungary
- Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
- Roman Colosseum, Rome, Italy
- Under Krystallen, Copenhagen, Denmark