1. Three words someone else would use to describe me are determined,engaging and down-to-earth.
2. My greatest professional influence is my postdoctoral advisor, Rafi Ahmed.
3. My fondest memory is my daughter's and son’s births.
4. The last book I read was The End of Poverty by Jeffery Sacks.
5. If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be Leonardo da Vinci.
6. Three things I can't live without are my family, my running shoes and music.
7. The most pressing issue facing the world is extreme poverty.
8. The most important lesson I ever learned was the value of hard work.
9. My advice for those just starting out in this profession is focus on doing the best experiments you can. The quality and rigor of the data is most important. Then, once you are sure of the data, make sure you can convey what you’ve done simply and effectively to a diverse audience.