1. What common bathroom item can be used in a killing jar to collect bugs?
Nail polish. It contains ethyl acetate and can be used on a moistened tissue in a jar to kill bugs for collections.
2. What must a female mosquito do before laying eggs?
Eat a blood meal.
3. Centipedes have 1 pair of legs per body segment. How many pairs of legs do millipedes have per body segment?
4. Describe the marking on the abdomen of a black widow.
A red hourglass.
5. During peak production, how many eggs can a queen bee lay per day?
6. What insect was responsible for transmitting the Bubonic or Black Plaque?
The rat flea.
7. How did the Hessian fly get to America?
On wheat straw brought by Hessian soldiers in the British army during the French-Indian War.
8. Who brought the European honey bee to the US?
9. How many plagues mentioned in the book of Exodus in the Bible were cause by insects?
Three: lice, flies, and locusts.