The California Museum, home of the California Hall of Fame, engages, educates and enlightens people about California's rich history and unique influence on the world of ideas, innovation, art and culture. Through engaging educational experiences, exhibits inspire men, women and children to dream the California dream and dare to make a mark on history. Open Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Last admission at 4:45p.m. Admission: Adults $8.50; Students/Seniors $7.00 with valid ID; Youth 6-17 $6.00; Children 5 and under free.
• 7th Annual California Hall of Fame display with artifacts from Gregory Bateson, Warren Beatty, Charles & Ray Eames, Dolores Huerta, Ishi, Joe Montana and Warner Bros.
• Ray Eames: A Century of Modern Design
• California Indians: Making A Difference
• Uprooted! Japanese Americans in WWII
• California's Remarkable Women
• Lost Sacramento Restaurants Workshop from 11am-1pm with authors Maryellen & Keith Burns
And much more in two stories of galleries
This venue will accept your Museum Day Live! ticket on the screen of your smartphone.
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.