101 Barrack Street
Trenton, NJ 08608
Old Barracks Museum Website »
Trenton Barracks constructed in 1758 by the colony of New Jersey as winter quarters for British “regulars” during the French and Indian War. Following the Battles of Trenton, the Continental Army occupied the barracks. Enter the year 1777, “living history”; infirmary, squad room, Officers’ House.
“All Is Threatened and Endangered…”:
New Jersey in the French & Indian War
Exhibit examines: the building of five barracks to house British “regulars”; roles of Lenape/Delaware people and British “regulars”; campaigns of the “Jersey Blues”. Artifacts exhibited include: powder horns, colonial pine tree flag.
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.