Madison Children’s Museum connects children with their families, their communities, and the world beyond through discovery learning and creative play. In 2011, MCM received the National Medal for Museum Service and was ranked the fifth best children's museum in the U.S. by Parents magazine.
Visit any of our six unique exhibit areas:
- The inventive city of Possible-opolis™, where art and science merge
- The four-season Rooftop Ramble, with animals and gardens
- The Wildernest, for kids 5 and under
- The Art Studio, where you can create items from recycled and nature materials
- The authentic Log Cabin, with pioneer activities
- The Community Concourse, a free-admission area
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.