100 Douglas Rd.
Jerome, AZ 86331
Jerome State Historic Park Website »
Built in 1916 as the home of James Douglas, owner of the UVX, or Little Daisy Mine, the home is now Jerome State Historic Park. The museum is dedicated to interpreting the areas mining history.
The museum houses mining artifacts from Jerome's past. There are exhibits about the areas geology, a black light mineral room, panoramic photos, and a 30 minute long video detailing the history of the town. The museum is located in the 8,700 square foot Douglas mansion.
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.