671 S. Oakglen Ave.
Nipomo, CA 93444
Dana Adobe Website »
The Dana Adobe was built by William G. Dana and his Native American workers in 1837. Originally containing 38,000 acres, the Dana Adobe is surrounded by 130 acres open space and is the last remaining Rancho Era structure with original rural scenery and tallow vat.
Several rooms of the house are open to visitors, as well as our exhibit, "Intersections: Where Diversity Happens." The exhibit demonstrates how Rancho Nipomo became a crossroads of culture and nature that met due to the native and non-native people that interacted with one another.
Participation in Museum Day is open to any tax-exempt or governmental museum or cultural venue on a voluntary basis. Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of the participating museums and cultural venues, and does not subsidize museums that participate.