1. Three words someone else would use to describe me are creative, driven and argumentative.
2. My greatest professional influence is my dad, Mike Flannery, who just retired as a lumber CEO after 30 years in the business and is the most decisive person I know.
3. My fondest memory is walking with Jessica to a Washington, D.C. bookstore the first time we ever met.
4. The last book I read was Globalization and it’s Discontents, by Joe Stiglitz.
5. If I could have dinner with anyone living or dead it would be Mike D.
6. Three things I can't live without are startups, community and San Francisco.
7. The most pressing issue facing the world is the growing inequalities between rich and poor.
8. The most important lesson I ever learned was tap into a cause greater than yourself.
9. My advice for those just starting out in this profession is get hands-on experience in the field.
10. My motto is: "Focus on what you can control, and don’t worry about the rest."