Finalists will be announced on July 1, 2013 and you will have the opportunity to vote for your favorite video.
1. How long can my video be?
All entries can be no longer than 10 minutes and no larger than 2 GB.
2. Where do I go to submit my video?
To enter, please go to http://smithsonian.com/inmotion/submit
3. What file formats are acceptable to use?
File formats to be used: MOV, MP4, MPG, WMV.
4. When is the deadline to submit a video entry?
All video entries must be uploaded by May 31, 2013, no later than 5:00 p.m. ET. Please allow up to 48 hours for your video to appear on the site so that the Smithsonian may conduct an initial eligibility and rule compliance check.
5. How many videos can I submit?
Limit 2 videos per person.
6. Who holds the copyright?
Entrants do, but they give an irrevocable license to the Smithsonian and those authorized by the Smithsonian.
7. What happens if I submit a video late?
The Smithsonian Institution is not liable for any late, misrouted, lost or damaged entries. Upload it as soon as possible.
8. What is the prize for the winners and how many winners are there?
The Grand Prize winner will receive $2,000.00 (USD) and the Viewers' Choice winner will receive $1,000.00 (USD). Each category winner will receive $200.00 (USD).
9. How will the videos be judged and how what will they be evaluated on?
Judging of the annual contest will be conducted by a panel of judges that includes editors of Smithsonian, Editorial Team of Smithsonian Channel, and others. Read more here. Read the rules for complete guidance.
11. When will the finalists be announced?
On July 1, 2013, the finalists will be announced!
12. When are the final winners announced?
On July 15, 2013, the grand prize winner, category winners and viewer's choice winner will be announced.
13. What is the age limit for this contest?
You must be at least 18 years of age by February 20, 2013, to enter.
14. Do you have to be a U.S. resident to participate?