Today in History
November 09, 1967
The first issue of Rolling Stone magazine drops with John Lennon on the cover. Founded by 21-year-old University of California Berkeley dropout Jann Wenner, the magazine aims to document all things rock and roll. It goes on to become a cultural institution, featuring profiles of stars like Paul McCartney, the Beatles and Britney Spears, as well as political writing by the late gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson. The 1000th issue comes out in May 2006.
Today's Feature History Article
When Paul McCartney founded the Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts, he created a place where aspiring stars can learn 21st-century survival skills
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster