Today in History
November 09, 1967
The first issue of Rolling Stone magazine drops with John Lennon on the cover. Founded by 21-year-old University of California Berkeley dropout Jann Wenner, the magazine aims to document all things rock and roll. It goes on to become a cultural institution, featuring profiles of stars like Paul McCartney, the Beatles and Britney Spears, as well as political writing by the late gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson. The 1000th issue comes out in May 2006.
Today's Feature History Article
When Paul McCartney founded the Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts, he created a place where aspiring stars can learn 21st-century survival skills
Recent History Videos
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The History of the Short-Lived Independent Republic of Florida
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?