Today in History
November 03, 1954
In 1954, the Japanese first get introduced to Godzilla, the unstoppable beast created by American nuclear weapons testing. Since then, more than 20 sequels have been made.
Today's Feature History Article
Jokes, puns, even insults when it comes to deciding what to call newly discovered species, scientists don't always go by the book
Recent History Videos
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- The History of the Short-Lived Independent Republic of Florida
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?