Today in History
July 30, 2001
Beating the Band
Cyclist Lance Armstrong, 29, cruises into Paris with a time of 86 hours, 17 minutes and 28 seconds to become the first American to win three consecutive Tours de France. Before his retirement in 2005, Armstrong wins a record seven consecutive Tours. Today he campaigns for cancer awareness through his Lance Armstrong foundation.
Today's Feature History Article
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Unpack a Meal of Astronaut Space Food