Today in History
July 29, 1890
Career Cut Short
Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh, suffering from loneliness and depression, dies of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in Auvers-sur-Oise, France. His artistic career lasted only 10 years. Van Gogh's work is considered among the best of the Post-Impressionists and powerfully influential to the Expressionist movement.
Today's Feature History Article
The artist's tumultuous last days
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Native Intelligence
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson