Today in History
July 13, 1984
City of Darkness
New York City and some northern suburbs are hit by a power blackout for 25 hours after lightning downs power lines to the area. Rioting and looting are widespread, resulting in $60 million worth of damages and more than 3,000 arrests.
Today's Feature History Article
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?