Today in History
July 09, 1997
Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson receives a fine of $3 million and has his boxing license revoked for a year for biting off a piece of Evander Holyfield's ear during the world title fight the previous month.
Today's Feature History Article
Inside the little-known, action-packed world of Muay Thai boxing
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Law that Ripped America in Two