Today in History
July 07, 1898
Following a controversial U.S-supported overthrow of Hawaii's monarchy in 1893, in an episode of American imperialism the islands are officially annexed by Congress in 1898. Hawaii bcomes the 50th state in 1959.
Today's Feature History Article
This month's guide to notable American destinations and happenings
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Native Intelligence
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Who Was Cleopatra?