Today in History
July 07, 1898
Following a controversial U.S-supported overthrow of Hawaii's monarchy in 1893, in an episode of American imperialism the islands are officially annexed by Congress in 1898. Hawaii bcomes the 50th state in 1959.
Today's Feature History Article
This month's guide to notable American destinations and happenings
Recent History Videos
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- The History of the Short-Lived Independent Republic of Florida
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?