Today in History
June 25, 1967
The World Tunes in to Our World
An estimated 400 million people all around the globe watch Our World, the first live worldwide TV broadcast. The two and a half hour program, part concert, part documentary, is made possible by a complex network of cables and satellites beaming programming from 14 countries. Performers include opera singer Maria Callas and the Beatles, who perform a new John Lennon song, "All You Need Is Love."
Today's Feature History Article
"Your Show of Shows," starring Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca, pioneered madcap TV humor in the 1950s.
Most Popular History Articles
- Native Intelligence
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?