Today in History
June 03, 1800
Before the White House, a tavern?
A week before Philadelphia ceases to be the nation's capitol, President John Adams moves to Washington, DC. The White House not yet complete, Adams stays first at Union Tavern in Georgetown. He takes up occupancy in the White House in November.
Today's Feature History Article
Statesmen, soldiers and spies who made America and the way they lived
Most Popular History Articles
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- Native Intelligence
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids