Today in History
June 01, 1926
American sex symbol Marilyn Monroe is born in Los Angeles (as Norma Jeane Mortensen). She achieves fame as a model—she will be the first cover and centerfold of the first issue of Playboy magazine in 1953—and actress in 23 films between 1948 and her death in 1962.
Today's Feature History Article
In Milton Greene, Marilyn Monroe found a friend as well as a photographer who captured the range of her vibrant personality
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster