Today in History
June 01, 1926
American sex symbol Marilyn Monroe is born in Los Angeles (as Norma Jeane Mortensen). She achieves fame as a model—she will be the first cover and centerfold of the first issue of Playboy magazine in 1953—and actress in 23 films between 1948 and her death in 1962.
Today's Feature History Article
In Milton Greene, Marilyn Monroe found a friend as well as a photographer who captured the range of her vibrant personality
Most Popular History Articles
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- Native Intelligence
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids