Today in History
June 01, 1926
American sex symbol Marilyn Monroe is born in Los Angeles (as Norma Jeane Mortensen). She achieves fame as a model—she will be the first cover and centerfold of the first issue of Playboy magazine in 1953—and actress in 23 films between 1948 and her death in 1962.
Today's Feature History Article
In Milton Greene, Marilyn Monroe found a friend as well as a photographer who captured the range of her vibrant personality
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?