Today in History
May 11, 1910
I’ll Melt With You
President Taft signs the bill that creates Montana's Glacier National Park. The region's beauty attracts tourists while its topology attracts scientists. Over the years, Glacier will be used to study a wide array of topics ranging from grizzly bears to global climate change.
Today's Feature History Article
A unique study documents the disappearance of Alaska's glaciers, blamed on global warming
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Native Intelligence
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson