Today in History
April 30, 1975
The Fall of Saigon
Communist North Vietnamese troops enter Saigon, and the president of South Vietnam surrenders. Hundreds of Saigon residents cheer when the North Vietnamese military enter the palace grounds. About 1,000 Americans are ferried out of the city by helicopters that pick them up from the roof of the U.S. Embassy.
Today's Feature History Article
Henry Kissinger's new book revisits America's troubled extrication from Indochina
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster