Today in History
April 11, 1970
On April 11, 1970, NASA's Apollo 13 blasts into space. An explosion two days later forces the crew to abort their moon-landing mission and return to earth. The first aborted Apollo mission, it becomes the subject of a popular film in 1995.
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster