Today in History
April 05, 1874
Night at the Opera
Johann Strauss' comic operetta Die Fledermaus (The Bat) premieres in Vienna, Austria. Written in just 43 days, it becomes a huge and long-lasting success.
Today's Feature History Article
A long-lost musical treasure in Paris is rediscovered
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster