Today in History
March 31, 1889
This 984-foot iron latticework structure is dedicated in Paris when its creator, Alexander Gustave Eiffel, raises the French flag on its summit. Today the Eiffel Tower is one of the world's most visited monuments, with over 6,800,000 visitors in 2007.
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Law that Ripped America in Two