Today in History
March 31, 1889
This 984-foot iron latticework structure is dedicated in Paris when its creator, Alexander Gustave Eiffel, raises the French flag on its summit. Today the Eiffel Tower is one of the world's most visited monuments, with over 6,800,000 visitors in 2007.
Most Popular History Articles
- Native Intelligence
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?