Today in History
March 31, 1889
This 984-foot iron latticework structure is dedicated in Paris when its creator, Alexander Gustave Eiffel, raises the French flag on its summit. Today the Eiffel Tower is one of the world's most visited monuments, with over 6,800,000 visitors in 2007.
Most Popular History Articles
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- Who Was Cleopatra?
- The Dark Side of Thomas Jefferson
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster