Today in History
March 31, 1889
This 984-foot iron latticework structure is dedicated in Paris when its creator, Alexander Gustave Eiffel, raises the French flag on its summit. Today the Eiffel Tower is one of the world's most visited monuments, with over 6,800,000 visitors in 2007.
Recent History Videos
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The History of the Short-Lived Independent Republic of Florida
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?