Today in History
March 30, 2002
The Queen Mother Dies at 101
Britain's Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother dies in her sleep at Windsor Palace at 101. Known for her strength and courage, she famously stayed in London during the height of World War II's blitz. When her husband King George dies in 1952, as mother of Queen Elizabeth she took on an active public role for the rest of her life.
Today's Feature History Article
In a web-based monarchy, there are no bans on fox-hunting
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?