Today in History
March 14, 1879
American physicist and Nobel laureate Albert Einstein is born in Ulm, Germany. His contributions to physics, chiefly his theories of relativity and gravitation, have made him one of the most legendary thinkers in human history.
Today's Feature History Article
His dizzying discoveries in 1905 would forever change our understanding of the universe. Amid all the centennial hoopla, the trick is to separate the man from the math
Most Popular History Articles
- The Man Who Wrote the Pledge of Allegiance
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- How Arlington National Cemetery Came to Be
- The CIA Burglar Who Went Rogue
- Unpack a Meal of Astronaut Space Food
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?
- Resurrecting Pompeii