Today in History
March 11, 1997
A Hard Day’s Knight
Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney receives a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his contributions to music. "It's a long way from a little terrace [street] in Liverpool," he told reporters. He dedicated the honor to his former band mates, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and John Lennon.
Today's Feature History Article
When Sonny Liston decided not to meet the Beatles 40 years ago, photographer Harry Benson pulled a switcheroo
Most Popular History Articles
- When an Army of Artists Fooled Hitler
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Zahi Hawass
- The Law that Ripped America in Two
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?