Today in History
March 11, 1997
A Hard Day’s Knight
Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney receives a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his contributions to music. "It's a long way from a little terrace [street] in Liverpool," he told reporters. He dedicated the honor to his former band mates, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and John Lennon.
Today's Feature History Article
When Sonny Liston decided not to meet the Beatles 40 years ago, photographer Harry Benson pulled a switcheroo
Most Popular History Articles
- Native Intelligence
- The Early History of Football’s Forward Pass
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- What Was on the Menu at the First Thanksgiving?
- The Strange and Mysterious History of the Ouija Board
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- The Mystery of Bosnia's Ancient Pyramids
- 10 Lucky Celebrities Who Escaped Disaster
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?