Today in History
March 09, 1954
Murrow vs. McCarthy
An exposé compiled by radio and television broadcaster Edward Murrow containing unflattering clips of Joseph McCarthy making contradictory statements airs on CBS. The network gives the Wisconsin junior senator, who launched a chaotic investigation into possible Communist infiltration in the U.S., a half-hour of prime time for rebuttal, but he goes down in flames.
Today's Feature History Article
"Your Show of Shows," starring Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca, pioneered madcap TV humor in the 1950s.
Recent History Videos
Most Popular History Articles
- For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of WWII
- Myths of the American Revolution
- A Brief History of the Salem Witch Trials
- The True Story of the Battle of Bunker Hill
- The History of the Short-Lived Independent Republic of Florida
- 8 Famous People Who Missed the Lusitania
- We Had No Idea What Alexander Graham Bell Sounded Like. Until Now
- Gobekli Tepe: The World’s First Temple?
- Who Was Mary Magdalene?